Free, confidential, practical advice from a therapist.
Everything is easy to understand and to use. Self-disclosure is never needed. Completely confidential.
Do it all on your own or get help from me.
The site was created in 1994 and redesigned in January of 2019.
Browse from a list of all topics at the bottom of this page or select one of these statements to narrow your search:
- I’m curious about myself.
- I’m curious about my mental health knowledge.
- I’m a therapist or other helping professional.
- I want to improve and I am willing to work on myself for a while.
- I may be depressed.
- I am often scared or anxious.
- I often feel ashamed.
- I often feel futile or hopeless.
- I want to learn about child abuse.
- I want to learn about addictions.
- I want help with my love relationship.
- I want help socially, with all kinds of relationships.
- I want help with children or with family problems.
- I want help about employment problems.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- WHO GETS THE MOST OF WHAT THEY WANT from the relationship.
- The GREATEST STRENGTH of the relationship, and HOW TO CAPITALIZE ON IT.
- The GREATEST WEAKNESS of the relationship, and HOW TO MINIMIZE IT.
- The MOMENT OF GREATEST STRESS, and WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT.
- The BEST METHOD FOR SOLVING PROBLEMS.
This analysis will help you to examine the ten most important traits in a primarily good relationship to determine the degree to which each trait is present or absent. It is designed for relationships in which there is no physical abuse, no sexual abuse, and very little if any emotional abuse. If you know you are in an abusive relationship, some of the advice you will read here will not apply to you! (Bottom line: Abuse is wrong and needs to be stopped – or escaped – regardless of all other factors.)
Therapists and Counselors
Every topic at this site was originally written
as a double-sided postal newsletter.
Build your practice as I have.
Choose any twelve topics.
Send two topics every-other-month
as your own practice-building newsletter.
With each mailing you will:
Build your practice.
Enhance your reputation.
Demonstrate your competence
Therapy information should be free or as inexpensive as possible.
Every topic here has something of value for you.
Come back regularly to read everything,
even the titles that don’t seem to relate to you.
Let me know if you think you wasted your time.
Please keep up the good work. Your articles are short and simply written. This was a bit of a put-off at first, but I’m finding I really enjoy the lack of an academic feel that many other writings in this genre present. Your site is helpful, approachable, and completely devoid of judging.
Thank you so much. I’m telling my friends about it.
Write to Tony
If you are asking for any kind of help, click here first to see which services are available right now: Availability
If you would like to write but you are not asking for help, write to me below.